July 20, 2011

I didn't make it to Bhutan.

No.

I didn’t make it to Bhutan.

Came here instead

to the dreaded dreamland,

where time is money

as is everything else.

Where slow

is the dheemi local

or the internet!

No.

I didn’t make it to Bhutan.

Woke up instead

on early afternoons

of eventless days.

To a diminishing rain

and flood-threats.

No.

I didn’t make it to Bhutan.

So?

Could I not walk for a kilometer and a half?

Let the rain drop fall on my hair

and the muck lay aside.

Could I not just walk?

Push, one foot and another

through waves of rain water?

Step on semi-stones

and half-jump over dividers?

Watch those school kids, wet inside ankle-length raincoats

cause a traffic jam

marching across the road

single file.

Could I not?

Walk.

Watch.

Wonder.

Could I really not,

just stand here,

drenched,

pleased at a 30 minute mini- adventure?

Console myself.

So what?

I didn’t make it to Bhutan.

0 Comments:

My Travel Map